Thursday, November 19, 2009

I, Secretary



Sometimes "misery loves company" is the best attitude a job searching twenty something can have. I've often felt that the process of leaving university and entering the workforce parallels the 5 Stages of Grief. The unfortunate thing however is that unlike death, this cycle usually repeats itself.

1. Denial: "I'll just be the front desk for a couple of months before I start directing."
2. Anger: "Getchor own coffee! I went to filmschool, beyaatch."
3. Bargaining: "What if.. you know, I like, filmed your dog while I was walking it and then could use that for my reel???"
4. Depression: "My breath smells like toner."
5. Acceptance: "Goodmorning, Company X?"
1. Denial: "It'll just be a couple more months until I finish my 'Dog Jogs' documentary."


Such is the theme of I, Secretary, a blog & comic site set around fictional characters [and roommates!] Simone & Rachel. Says the site: "I, Secretary is powered by the bitter disappointments of life in your twenties. And coffee."

Cheers to that.


View I, Secretary here.

No comments:

Post a Comment