Monday, February 8, 2010

Gromit and Wallace



I am a big big fan of this terrible twosome and after catching the end of The Curse of the Ware Rabbit again over the weekend I remembered these ads for Harvey Nichols. The excellent craftsmanship is left to shine with the simple photography style. It got me thinking about when is it okay for your favourite characters to sell themselves to advertising? These two have also been known to flaunt themselves in an ad for PG Tips, M&S and npower which went down the wrong way with me. There seems to be a fine, somewhat unwritten, line. Other sellouts up for debate include Paddington Bear for Marmite (but surely he would NEVER stray from his beloved Marmalade?) and Postman Pat for Specsavers which, in my opinion, is pure pure genius! See for yourselves...




No comments:

Post a Comment